Recovery efforts are continuing slowly in Panama City and surrounding areas of the Florida Panhandle impacted by Hurricane Michael. Please share updated information below about items needed by local Parents As Teachers, Healthy Start, Healthy Families and other home visiting programs and consider making a donation to help with their recovery.
- The Healthy Start Coalition of Bay, Franklin, Gulf , which administers the FL MIECHV-funded PAT program in Panama City, is accepting direct donations for recovery supplies. They have a specific need for Walmart gift cards since there is limited storage space for donated items. These donations can be mailed to PO Box 9478 Panama City Beach, FL 32417. Donations are also being accepted through the Coalition’s PayPal account.
- The Healthy Start Coalition of Santa Rosa County has offered storage space for hurricane relief items donated to Panama City programs. Donations of plastic storage bins, along with other items needed by families with young children, are appreciated. Contact Martha Zimmermann (MZimmermann@healthystartsantarosa.org) for delivery information.
- The Ounce of Prevention Fund and Healthy Families Florida are also accepting direct donations for families affected by the storm. The Ounce is providing dollar for dollar match for all donations. DONATE HERE
- The Florida Association of Healthy Start Coalitions (FAHSC) is collecting air mattresses, port-a-cribs, pre-mixed formula and nonperishable for distribution to families in affected areas, particularly Gadsden and Chipola Healthy Start areas. Contact Conesta Woodard (Cwoodard@hsmnetwork.org) for shipping information.
- Whole Child Leon has established a drop-off site in Tallahassee and is collecting donations of baby formula (pre-mixed), diapers and wipes. Drop off site is located at 1126 Lee Avenue and is open from 8:30 am to 5 pm. Contact Courtney Atkins at (850) 692-3134 for info. FAHSC will assist in getting these donations to affected sites.
- The Junior League of Panama City operates an affiliate of the National Diaper Bank Network. They have organized a quick response to this emergency and working with local home visiting programs to address to families’ needs for basic supplies. DONATE HERE The League also has a wish list through Amazon. DONATE HERE
Thank you for your contributions and support!