What home visiting programs are available in my area?
There are home visiting services offered by our partners throughout the state of Florida. Find out what programs are available for you.
What do home visitors do?
Home visitors coach parents of young children and also pregnant moms in the home. Sometimes they have incentives (like free baby supplies) for families that choose to participate. They can also often connect parents with information on additional resources they may need.
What kinds of things can home visitors help with?
Home visitors can:
- Connect you to resources and services in your community to help with housing, healthcare, education, employment, and childcare
- Match you with other parents in your community
- Help you track your baby's development month by month during pregnancy and after birth
- Provide information about breastfeeding and caring for your baby
- Work with you to make caring for your baby a joyful experience
- Learn healthy coping strategies for when you don't know why your baby is crying
- Help you understand child developmental milestones and behaviors
- Encouraging you with positive parenting techniques
- Help you with confusing forms and agencies
What are the benefits of home visiting?
Studies have shown that it is especially important for young children to live in a supportive environment. Home visiting for families with young children and pregnant women helps new parents in many ways.
Home visitors provide information on child health and development, and can help identify children who are experiencing developmental delays.
Home visitors can help you create a safe and nurturing environment for your children, support your self-sufficiency, and ensure your children are ready for school.
How can I sign up for home visiting services?
Check out the Site Map to see what home visiting programs may be available in your area.
How do I find out if I qualify for home visiting services?
Site coordinators and staff an work with you to help you better understand eligibility requirements. Our local partners offer programs for first time mothers, fathers, and families with young children.
Learn more about programs you may qualify for and connect with a program leader today.
Is home visiting for me?
Anyone who is pregnant or parenting a young child would benefit from family support through home visiting. Home visiting is a great resource for families who are:
• Parents or caregivers of children who have not yet started kindergarten
• In need of support with being a parent of multiple children
• In need of support to help make sure their child is ready to start school
• In the military and far from family and friends
• In need of help with getting back together after being apart
What is home visiting?
Parenting doesn't come with an instruction manual. Home visiting is a voluntary program provided at no cost to your family that will give you family support through visits in your home by a home visitor.
Your home visitor will provide information and support about parenting, your child's health and development, walk you through healthy coping strategies for stressful parenting situations, and connect you with any needed services in the community (such as health care, job training).
Florida offers home visiting to families through three different models and has sites located in high-risk areas across the state. Find the site closest to you.
Who are the home visitors that will come to my house?
Home visitors are highly trained, experienced, and supportive. Each home visiting service has its own training requirements, and some organizations provide specific training courses that all staff must attend before providing service.
Find a home visiting site near you